Sunday, April 08, 2012

Cebu '12: Malapascua Island



21march2012
sometimes, it gets tiring..
but every single time I get my zen
you know..
when i sit on the beach shore..close my eyes and feel the seabreeze. and hear the waves.. i dont know i feel close to God..this is one of the many reasons why I travel..
for these moments..

Starfish's footprint :)



Malapascua.third day. We were praying for a good weather this time. The last days, we haven't seen the sun shining. It was hiding with all the clouds. We left Cebu a bit late, no rushing today. Bad move coz the trip was almost five friggin' hours!! 

We arrived at Maya port around 3 in the afternoon. There were already dark clouds looming at the time. We were arguing if those are rainclouds. We got our answer as soon as we docked at Malapascua island. Heavy rain poured heavily on us.(If that's not redundant enough.haha) The temperature suddenly dropped and the water became warm. It was such a bummer. We haven't eaten lunch and I'm wet all over, including my things! This isn't a vacation anymore!! While I was pissed off with the whole situation, I look at my company and saw them estactic and uttering Ryan's infamous line.. it's a different experience. argh.

Gloomy Maya Port



The rain stopped eventually. Then dinner came. Treated ourselves to a nearby buffet. Liempo was good. I was hoping there were crabs or seafood. pero wala. The island is a reminiscant of Boracay. Perhaps ten years ago. A lot of high end resorts and restos lined the shore. But no nightlife.Maybe because of the heavy rain..

Calm sunset after the heavy rain
 
Our room. Fixing our wet clothes.. 

Sunny day on our last day
View from our room

The following day we woke up early for some snorkeling. We only have an hour to do this. 
Clear blue skies


Blue Coral Resort's bar


Having been to palawan a couple of times, my standards for the corals are high that when I saw Malapascua's, I was a bit disappointed. Though they were pretty, everything is in the same color. Unlike Coron's. Not to mention, the sea was a bit rough.. I got dizzy snorkeling. Not really a nice combination. Rough seas + snorkeling.
The sun is finally out!




 

Sunny Maya port

We arrived at Cebu around three or four in the afternoon and our flight is at six. We haven't bought any pasalubongs.. and we haven't had lunch! argh. traffic is everywhere. and the airport is at mactan island, a 20-30 minutes drive. Amazing race it is! We ate at CnT lenchon, the famous Cebu's lechon across Sm cebu. Then, somehow a kind lady at the jeepney terminal advised us to take the taxi instead to save time if we were planning to drop by the Sto.nino church and Magellan's cross. 
Basilica de Sto. Nino

Magellan's cross

Parang hindi ka nakapunta ng Cebu pag hindi mo nakita to


Good call. Coz we arrived a couple minutes before boarding time. We bought the pasalubongs at the airport. And the required ref magnet was bought at a sidewalk near the Magellan's cross. hehe.




What do I think of Cebu? I'm not liking the city. Sorry, but I don't. Its provinces are beautiful. I'll come back to see Malapascua in a better weather, perhaps. And when I finally know how to dive. Yay! And visit some off the road getaways around Cebu. I am pretty sure there still are. and I'm confident i won't be disappointed. 


Till we meet again, Cebu.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...