Thursday, December 09, 2010

SEA Tour 03: Singapore date with Joc


On to Singapore..

We arrive a little late past ten in the evening. And. I. am. hungry.

Setbacks of No Check In Baggage

Changi International Airport was impressive. We were just at Terminal 1. We can't wait to see the other two. Yes three airport terminals! And there's train transit inside between the terminals for convenience. How cool is that?

But I was more worried about the Immigration. With all the A-to-A (airport to airport) stories I heard about Singapore Immigration, I was freaked out. It was a good thing that our 12 hour stay in Singapore is just a layover because the Immigration Officer who interviewed me was scary. She just asked my mobile, which I thought was useless because I turned off my phone at the time for the whole trip.

I just realized, I survived without a phone for ten days. haha.

And finally dinner..


Oh, I really miss Joc.. It's been ages since the last time we were together..

Thanks Joc for the pizza!


I was hoping to see Singapore skyline at the time but taxi fare is higher than normal when its midnight and since we don't have the right to splurge, we contented ourselves touring around the airport. Joc served our tour guide. To date, Singapore Changi International Airport holds the world's best airport. I couldn't agree more. Everytime we turn a corner, I was like..WOW..and consider this is where Joc works! He must have been throwing weird looks at me the whole time. Even if we were just inside the airport, I think, we will just be fine. Just check their site and see what I mean. http://www.changiairport.com


Yes, that's Tagalog. Maligayang Pagdating!


Since we will just be staying for 12hours and will be spending most of the time outside, its pointless to get a room. So we just used the airport's locker facility, left our things and killed time roaming Singapore in the wee hours of the morning.

I particularly like their transportation system. One card (ezlink) and you can use all their transport services; train, bus, taxi. And buses are numbered according to their route, which, I find pretty neat. Unlike here, there's Cubao Ilalim, Cubao Ibabaw. hehe.


Sunrise at Singapore




? hours awake and counting..

Coffee and newspaper at Orchard Road


Since most establishments open at ten in the morning and our flight is scheduled at one in the afternoon, we have no choice but to get back at the airport early. So much for sight seeing.

Lunch first. Restaurants inside the airport are pricey, so we opted for the staff dining. And this is the first time where I saw people talking and laughing. Unlike, outside, one can hardly see a smile. Or maybe it's just too early in the morning. People are usually grumpy in the morning.

Another one of those I-don't-know-what's-in-it-so-I-ordered-it food

We said our goodbyes to Joc. Our layover was over..

Looking forward for a long bathe and clean clothes..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...