Saturday, April 23, 2011

ILOCOS 01: Birthday Wekeend

touchdown ilocos around 12 in the afternoon..

finally, when i board the trike.. like Mel Gibson's braveheart.. f-r-e-e-d-o-m!

at last, got the guts to do this..for the nth time of thinking about this..

i was amazed at their airport..all bricks!

and there was this huge desert part before the airport you can see when you're in the plane. too bad i wasn't able to take a photo coz i was seated at the center aisle.


Laoag International Airport

Welcome, indeed!


Php10 trike.Anywhere within the city. So cheap!


St. William Cathedral

My room.
The cabinet gives me the creeps

I was mostly in my room, sleeping...a lot. Around 5 in the afternoon, I went out for a walk and took in all of Laoag. But because it was holiday, most shops were closed. Most locals were talking to me in ilocano. tagalog is not even widely spoken so at times, they have a hard time talking to me in tagalaog. Good thing i understand a bit of ilocano.

So far, people are great. Food is waaay expensive. Even the local carinderia charge higher than the usual. There's not much to see in Laoag Proper. A daytour is enough.

But I opted to be slow..take a while to see the places..

Besides, who's waiting but myself..

4 comments:

  1. reina madrid8:31 PM

    hindi nagsasama...BOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoy reina. asa batangas ka kaya ngaun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 PM

    wow inggit ako

    ReplyDelete
  4. jed.next time pagmalaki na si uno

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...