Friday, April 29, 2011

ILOCOS 04: Pagudpud North Tour and Vigan


Because the other part of the tour was not finished yesterday, I have to wake up early so I can get to Vigan early. Though I had the idea of getting wasted on my birthday night, I slept early. I called it a night as early as nine in the evening.

I just took some day shots of the Saud beach before I left. And paid the gruesome Php207 dinner last night. At ang aga ni Kuya Arnel. On the dot. 7am asa resort na.







We first went to see the infamous Bangui windmills. It was surreal seeing them for the first time. It was a windless morning at the time so the windmills aren't working. Did you know that almost 80% of Ilocos electrecity are supplied by the windmills? And if you recall my previous about Agua Paradiso. The place where the river meets the sea. They also use the hydropower generated by water for electricity. Well, isn't that self sufficient? Ang galing!



 



We then head to the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation. This is particularly what I'm excited about. Ever since I saw photos of this place, I've been dying to get myself to Ilocos just to see this. And it never failed me. Even the trek to the Rock Formation was amazing. Small mangroves lines the surroundings going to the Rock Formation. And the view from the top was breathtaking. The sea was at its best also. No huge waves. The place was great. I wish I could have a 360 degrees camera so you can see for yourself how good it looks at the top.



Kuya Arnel atop the Kapurpurawan

Picturesque view atop the Rock Formation

Then we traveled for about 15-20 minutes to get to our last destination. Burgos Lighthouse or Cape Bojeador Lighthouse.

Unfortunately, the stairs leading to the main viewdeck was recently closed, ordered by the Coast guard. They said that the stairs are already weak. I settled from a lower view. Maybe next time..








And that concluded my Pagudpud visit. Kuya Arnel parked his trike at a roadside and we patiently waited for a bus going back either to Laoag or Vigan, whichever comes first. It was a Laoag, meaning, I have to do a cutting a trip. Fare from Pagudpud to Laoag was Php40 which took me almost 2hours. Form Laoag to Vigan was Php100 and took me almost three hours.

Bus Ride to Vigan

My butt is almost numb from the ride. And I am dead hungry. My hair, by now, has become thick as a broom. I can't even run my fingers through it. Shower. I badly needed a shower. My plan was, I would only take some photos of Crisologo St. and drop by Vigan church then head to the bus terminal. But because, I desperately wanted a shower and a nap, I took the cheapest hotel there is in Vigan nearest to Crisologo St. Thanks to the nice people at the Tourist Information. Pretty nice ladies and very well accommodating. They gave me Vigan Hotel, which would only set me to Php395 for a single bed accommodation. Great!


My dark and dusty Php495 accomodation. No single bed accomodation at the time.
I took a shower at their communal bathroom. 
After freshening up, map in hand, I walked within the area and searched for someplace to eat. It's already three in the afternoon and I haven't had lunch. I settled for Cafe Uno. Though the place looked like they serve cakes and coffee, I ordered sinigang. Haha. My food looked awkward compared to others who were consuming iced lattes and pastries.

My post birthday cake. Grandpa's chocolate cake. Php65. yum!

Cafe Uno

I killed time walking along Crisologo St. and observing tourists as well as locals. I went to Vigan Cathedral. Another Ilocano mass on my list.








Around six in the evening, I head back to the hotel, got my things and went to the terminal to finally get myself  back home.

Now that my solo tour has ended, I can't believe that it was almost too easy. No kidding. Nasa pagiisip lang natin na mahirap kasi magisa ka. Pero, all in all, though I had that Batac traffic mishap, it was overall pleasant.


My concern is, now that I learned that travelling alone is never that difficult, I might be tempted to do it more often. Tsk. Tsk.



Now, where to next?...

1 comment:

  1. ng kalesa tour k b sa vigan ng gabi? sobrang ganda nun.. sa vigan din yung pinaka masarap n empanada n ntikman k sa harap ng plaza... sister ginulat m tlga ako nung sinabi m skin nsa vigan k nung holy week, at pinag alala m ko nung nbangga tricycle n sinasakyan mo... next time mas safe n may ksama k, mas maganda may kasama k lalo n kpag niyaya m ko. lam mo naman pagdting sa ganyan mhirap tumanggi. kung bumalik n ko sa duty ko, mg dradrama nlang ako sbhin ko dadalawin ako lola k kya mg leave ako... okies? no more traveling alone for you! isma mo ko!! pansin ko lang ah, lage k naaksidente kpag ng travel ka..ingat tyo friend next time! take note T-A-Y-O meaning ksma ko hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...