Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ILOCOS 03: Laoag Sand Dunes, Pagudpud North Tour

I woke up late on the third day, as I said on my previous post. I missed the sunrise on the dunes. Kuya Romeo, who was my trike for the day told me that before, the sand dunes were all sand and not a single plant was in sight. Ngayon na lang daw sila tinubuan ng mga halaman. And if you notice on the photos, some part of the dunes are being privatized, mainly by Fort Ilocandia. Kuya Romeo said they were being developed for resort purposes. I hope the government would do something about this. They should just keep the dunes an open space.



Kuya Romeo gave me an added treat and brought me to Fort Ilocandia. This is where I was surprised. There's a huge beach facing the South China Sea at the back of Fort Ilocandia. This part is open to the locals. I remember Bagasbas Beach. You can never see the end of the beach.



I arrived at the bus terminal past eight in the morning. Next bus will leave at 8:30am. As I was buying my ticket, the lady in the counter asked "Nagan?", "po?", "Nagan?" (this time, a bit irritated). Luckily, other passengers told me "pangalan mo daw". Haha. I was so dumb not knowing what she was saying.

Travel from Laoag to Pagudpud took me almost one hour and a half. Kuya Arnel told me to get off at Mawini, Pagudpud. By this time, I already passed Bangui, already seeing the windmills. This got me excited.

I finally met Kuya Arnel. It's glad to put a face to a name. He suggested to check in at Saud Beach rather than in Blue Lagoon. I was planning to check in at Kapuluan Vista Resort, which is located at Blue Lagoon to avail of their Php700 Dormitory room. But when I learned that it was so far from all the sight-seeing places, I was glad I listened to Kuya Arnel. He even said that it should be aptly named Kaduluan not Kapuluan. Haha. He's right.

After checking in at Jun and Carol which costs me Php800/night, we head to Kabigan Falls. I paid Php10 for the entrance and Php100 for the compulsory tour guide. The trek took about 20-30 minutes or less. We didn't had any breaks because I was shy of asking them to stop for me. So we were able to finish the trek earlier than expected. The first time I saw the falls, I was overwhelmed. It brings a different feeling when you see a falls. There were a few locals bathing. Kuya Arnel said, there were a lot more the past Holy weekend.



After the trek, I learned I was rewarded with two aching blisters on my feet. I can't barely make a step. Still, onwards with the tour.

We just had a quick lunch and headed to Patapat Viaduct. Finally, I saw the famous bridge. The bridge was built in 1984. Two years older than me. I stood at the railings, staring at South China Sea.






At the end of the bridge was Agua Paradiso. This is where the end of the river meets the sea. From the water to the falls, it ends to the South China Sea. I paid Php20 for donation.




We then went to Anton's Paradiso. It was just an unfinished resort made by the late Pres. Marcos to his secretary named Anton. It was left unfinished after his term as president. In front, there was a small grotto.


I refilled my drinking bottle here. Lamig ng tubig!


Finally, the much awaited Blue Lagoon. There was an entrance fee of Php20. You will pass the Timangtang Rock and Bantay Abot cave going to the Lagoon.


Bantay Abot Cave. Bantay in Ilokano means Mountain and Abot means Hole.


Timangtang Rock. Timang in Ilokano means bell. (if I'm not mistaken).
The rock is shaped like a bell.


I've been reading stuffs of Blue Lagoon. Of being secluded, serene and untouched. I imagine it to be like Mahabang Buhangin in Calaguas. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw stone built houses and a lot of cottages lining the shore. Worse was the Hannah's Resort. What the..

I just sat at the shore. Watching kids getting a kick at surfing. Just taking in all the seabreeze. My thoughts drifting away..






Dos Hermanos Islands


It was only four in the afternoon when we finished the tour. Kuya Arnel asked if I wanted to try Pagudpud empanada. To compensate for not tasting the infamous Batac empanada, I readily agreed. I had the treat of watching manang make the empanada infront of me.





Boy, it taste good! I'm not really into empanadas. Pero, ang sarap! Considering ang laman lang niya ay repolyo at itlog. panalo!


I went back to the resort and waited for my birthday sunset.






It's official. 25 na ako.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:44 PM

    jed: gandaa tal inggit ako miss ko tuloy mga escapades namen sarap ng empanada db?

    ReplyDelete
  2. uu, nagdodoubt pa nga ako at first na magtry.pero in fairness kahit repolyo at itlog lang laman.panalo sarap. asa kamay siguro ni ate.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. alam mo dati mga 3 years ago sobrang mganda p tlga yung blue lagoon, alam m yun typical "virgin" beach, wala nga mga cottages and resort. na timing m p n holy week kya bka mrami tlga tao. belated happy bday tal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...