Thursday, February 09, 2012

Of sunrises and sunsets..

Someone asked me why I’m so into sunsets and sunrise. 
For him, the sun rises and sets just the same. 
That’s it. For him, that's all there is to him...
For me, it’s different.
We see it daily. For 365 days, the sun does it thing. It never fails, every single day. 
But people would still tell you where to see the best sunrises/sunsets. 
It’s like wanting something I am familiar with. 
I know I'll be having the same thing but I choose it anyway. 
Though it’s the same, I know it will be different.  
It might either be better or worse... but different.
Repetitively surprising.
The beauty of the unknown, of not knowing the outcome, 
of trusting something I have no hold of. 
Letting go.
I think, what makes sunrises beautiful is the sacrifice put on it. Not anyone will wake up in the wee hours of the morning to purposely see a sunrise.  You chose to leave your comfortable bed just to see a few minutes of that breathtaking sunrise. 
For that brief moment, whether I’m on top of a mountain, on a beach or some house's rooftop, when I finally feel the warmth of the sun, for a few seconds, I feel the rest of my day will be all right no matter how screwed my yesterday was. 
One day a time. One sunrise at a time.
And the sunsets, the way the sun's rays hits the clouds, 
how it changes every second, you have to pay attention for you might miss something great.
I know I will be seeing it again. 
In a different place, maybe in a different shade..different color..  
I'm certain, I will be seeing it again..
 
Maybe that's how you love something.
You never tire of them..
People might see them ordinary..monotonous
But for me, they're beautiful..Exceptionally beautiful
No matter how ordinary they are..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...